The SAC-ASHA has the following objectives:
- To provide a forum for interaction and collaboration among clinicians, researchers, and students of South Asian origin in the field of communication sciences and disorders.
- To promote initiatives to increase the body of knowledge pertaining to South Asian individuals as it relates to the field of communication sciences and disorders, and to compile and disseminate this body of knowledge.
- To enhance cultural competence among ASHA-certified professionals and increase cultural sensitivity regarding South Asians
- To serve as a networking and mentoring resource for the general ASHA membership serving individuals of South Asian origin with communication disorders in the USA
- To work closely with the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), it’s Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA), and it’s Multicultural Issues Board (MIB) in initiatives pertaining to the above objectives.