The South Asian Caucus [SAC-ASHA] publishes a digital newsletter – ASHAKIRAN – thrice annually. The newsletter is designed to be a platform to highlight research and clinical advances as they relate to evidence based clinical service delivery to/by individuals of South Asian origin.
Each edition includes the following sections:
- Spotlight will profile a South Asian professional in a field affiliated to speech, language, and/or hearing.
- People will feature updates on South Asian members, including publications, awards, appointments, and other personal achievements.
- Voices provides the opportunity for members of the SAC-ASHA to express opinions, narrate experiences ( e.g., work experiences as a South Asian professional, a trip to South Asia, etc.), or raise issues that they would like the SAC-ASHA to address. Voices is an open forum for comments.
- Articles provide readers with a broad overview of current developments in research and clinical practice in speech, language, and hearing, particularly as they pertain to service delivery to and by individuals of South Asian origin.
- Clinical Innovations highlights new trends in clinical service delivery that are of particular interest to professionals and clients of South Asian background.
If you have any ideas for articles or suggestions for improvement to the newsletter, please feel free to contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org