OPEN POSITIONS IN THE SAC-ASHA EXECUTIVE BOARD
- President-Elect (1 year term followed by automatic 3-year term as President)
- Vice-President-Public Relations (3 year term)
- Vice-President-Professional Practices (3-year term)
- Treasurer (3-year term)
All positions start Jan 2024. See below for brief descriptions for the open positions listed here.
- South Asian professionals (SLPs and Audiologists) working in any setting
- Students are NOT eligible to apply
- Nomination period: Aug 28 – Sept 15
- Candidates confirmed on: Sept 30
- Voting period: Oct 15 thru Oct 31
- Elected board members notified by: Nov 5
Elected board members welcomed at the ASHA Convention meeting
Use this form to submit nominations by Sept 15th 2023.
DESCRIPTION OF OPEN POSITIONS
President-Elect: will work closely with the current President to understand the roles and responsibilities that include setting annual goals, presiding over monthly EB meetings, supervising team activities, and organizing the annual members’ meeting at the ASHA Conventions.
Vice-President-Public Relations: maintain the website, social media outreach, recruit new members, coordinate SACA’s participation in the multicultural booth at the annual ASHA convention, identify and work with potential donors, and fundraising.
Vice-President-Professional Practices: establish a formal student and professional mentoring program, facilitate networking among professionals, identify and compile scholarly information related to South Asians, and promote research on South Asian issues.
Treasurer: maintain bank accounts, collect membership dues and send invoices, fundraising, track financial activities of the Caucus, and generate annual financial reports.
Full open position descriptions from the bylaws available HERE.